We are planning an exciting line-up of family-focussed activities for about 60,000 people on Saturday 27 June, with free entry to everything.
The Armed Forces Day military parade will begin at 11.30am from the bottom of the High Street to Stoke Park, with hundreds of Armed Forces personnel, veterans and cadets taking part.
From 10.30am food and drink stalls and static displays will be open in Stoke Park, followed by the live-action show at 1 pm, with free access to the park throughout the day.
Headlining the entertainment for the Stoke Park show of live music and stunning military displays, From The Jam will provide the big finish to this spectacular free event.
Featuring former The Jam bassist Bruce Foxton and Russell Hastings, From The Jam have a reputation for delivering the explosive live performances that sealed the reputation of The Jam, who became one of the greatest and biggest-selling bands in British history.
Visitors to the free Stoke Park show on Armed Forces Day can expect to hear classic The Jam hits such as Down In The Tube Station At Midnight, Going Underground and Town Called Malice, as well as some live favourites and songs from Bruce’s solo career.
The live military displays will feature:
- Red Arrows flypast
- Household Cavalry Regiment’s musical ride
- Royal Navy’s Swordfish bi-plane flypast
- Band of the Royal Marines
- Royal Air Force Falcons
- Royal Signals ‘White Helmets’ motorbike display team
- Queen’s Colour Squadron of the Royal Air Force
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight flypast
- Royal Army Physical Training Corps gymnastic display
- 3rd Battalion Princess of Wales’s Royal Regiment Infantry display
- Royal Navy’s sole official parachute display team the ‘Raiders’
In addition to From The Jam, the live music and entertainment during the event will include:
- Military bands
- Charlotte Jaconelli from Britain’s Got Talent
- West End Kids – dance
- Rock Choir
- Patriot Girls – West End leading ladies who sing
- Tenor opera singer Thomas Hobbs
- Guildford College Performing Arts – dance
- Aldershot Military Wives Choir
- Firefly live music and poetry
- Remix Voices – choir
- Samuel Haughton – comedy singer
- Bollywood dancing
- Performance Preparation Academy (PPA) – singers
- Local folk singer Majella Yorston
Entertainment will continue until 7.30pm when the event closes.
More acts and detailed information will be announced as we get nearer the time.
We hope that you will join us, and some very special guests, on Saturday 27 June to enjoy the exciting spectacle and free entertainment.